Saturday, September 17, 2011

I'm Dying a Little Bit

I'm in a bit of a hurry, but I decided to blog today anyway.

So I'm actually quite sick. On Thursday at work, this guy I was working with had a cold and cough, and it was really grossing me out. I got back to my dorm and of course, as usual, I managed to get his cold. On top of it, my dorm is about -100000000 degrees in here (I can't even feel my fingers!) and I haven't slept a decent night's sleep in more than a month. I had to get up for work at 5am yesterday and I had been on the move since. I had slept less than 3 hours on Thursday night. Fellow MSU students call Thursday nights "Thirsty Thursdays" because it's like $2 beer pitchers at some bar or whatever. I don't really care. However, pretty much everyone on my floor decided that Thirsty Thursdays are really cool and decided to make noise until about 3am even though there is still such a thing as Friday classes. Everyone knows about Thirsty Thursdays, including professors. I showed up to my classes exhausted because I had gotten off a four hour early morning shift while being quite sick. I'm pretty sure my Calculus professor thought I was hung over. I looked hung over. I had just taken cold medicine on an empty stomach and was quite nauseated and I was sitting there holding my throbbing head so I didn't pass out. My prof just kept giving me these inexplicably weird looks as if I had just done laundry including being in the washer/dryer with my clothes and the static cling from the drier made a thong stick to my hair. That didn't happen. I know because I ran my fingers through my hair to make sure there wasn't any sort of underwear there and there wasn't. Then when he dismissed us, I basically sprinted from my class to my dorm and puked my guts out like it was my job.

Also, my Chemistry professor might think I showed up to class high, which is kind of funny because I don't do anything like that ever. My eyes looked swollen and reddish from puking (I had burst a blood vessel) and I was so tired that I was loopy and spacing out. I think I might have been swaying in my seat. It didn't help that I was wearing plaid neon pink, red, and yellow pajama pants. So I looked pretty weird. She kept glancing at me out of the corner of her eye like if she looked at me directly she might explode into a swirling vortex of brightly colored feathers. After class I went to her office hours to ask her a few questions, but there were other people there that beat me to the same questions I wanted to ask, so I just stood in the corner writing stuff in my notebook while she occasionally looked at me like she had no clue why I even showed up.

Anyway, I have decided to trap myself in my dorm room until all of my homework is completed. I have a whole lot, so it looks like food isn't going to happen for the next 2 days or so.... Oh well. Shit happens, right? Ok, well shit happens to me a whole lot. Happy Saturday to those who aren't dying from Human Rhinovirus. Yes, I'm a dork. Shut up.

2 comments:

  1. You said you pikes like itnwas your job. You should find a creative way to add that to your resume.

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know what? I think I might add it to my resume! "Worked in a vet clinic for 3 years. Maintained a 3.8GPA throughout high school. Currently has a 4.0GPA in college. Has the ability to puke like it's my job. Worked as a cook in the cafeteria in college."

    The sad part is I was so tired when I posted this I don't even remember posting it. I think I should probably re-read it.

    ReplyDelete