Friday, February 17, 2012

Just Call Me Daredevil, Part 1

Ahh truth or dare... probably one of the most well-known games for slumber parties or boring classes besides the "penis" game. (You see who can shout "penis" the loudest in a crowded room. Yep, I'm mature.) If you know me very well, you probably already know that I'm a boss at both of these games.

"I win again!" "Uhh, Katie, we're running a marathon, not playing that stupid game." "Oh... That explains a lot."

Also, if you've ever played truth or dare against me, you know that I have (almost) never backed down from a dare. I have talked dirty to a tea kettle, peed outside in the snow, eaten dog food (while being videotaped), and many other things that I don't care to repeat. What happens in slumber parties stays in slumber parties. Also, ovaries before brovaries. Just saying.

Recently, my friend and I were eating at Chipotle when I asked the guy behind the counter that I wanted a disturbing amount of their spiciest salsa on my burrito. I then whipped a bag of Flamin' Hot Cheetos out of my backpack and ate them and the burrito without having to drink any water. I absolutely love spicy food, and I am able to tolerate it really well. My friend told me that a nearby grocery store sells Naga Jolokia, or ghost peppers, which are the spiciest peppers in the world. For reference, they can be up to 100 times hotter than a Habanero pepper at a whopping 1.04 MILLION Scoville Heat Units. It is enough to make a grown man cry and not be ashamed to do so. I just watched a video of some guy eating one and his face is dripping with sweat, begging his friend, who is taping, for a glass of milk. Anyway, my friend told me that she would buy me some for an early birthday present if she was around to watch me eat one. I told her that hell no, I would not eat one, but then she said, "I dare you."

The pepper also dared me. How can I say no to something like this?
Obviously, I can't turn down a dare, so I have to do this. Of course, my friend will be videotaping it the whole time, and assuming I don't have to be run to the emergency room, I will post the video here within the next few days.

Also, she dared me to do the cinnamon challenge with her. If you don't know what that is because you've been living under a rock for the last few years, it's when you try to eat a tablespoon of ground cinnamon. Look it up on youtube. It's everywhere. It goes the same every time: The person slowly measures the cinnamon, trying to stall. Then, they stuff the spoon into their mouth before they can regret their decision. After a few seconds of trying to swallow the cinnamon, they cough it out into a huge reddish-brown cloud of horror and they run for water like they're going to die. I don't doubt that it will end this way, but I think it would be a fun regrettable decision. Once again, it will be filmed and I will post it here in the next few days. I'm tempted to not do the two challenges in one day, but it's really the only time I have to do this stuff. Maybe I won't do them one after the other, and I'll hold off on one of them. I assume I'll be doing the cinnamon challenge tomorrow, though.

Needless to say, I'm scared shitless and I will probably bring as many water bottles as I can carry.

Wish me luck!

2 comments: